The Chronology of Greater Macedonia
Rev. Sam Jackson (1914-1918)
Rev. Isaac Harris (1918-1920)
Rev. J. B. Green (1920-1932)
Rev. King (1932-1933)
Rev. J. C. Rogers (1933-1968)
Rev. W. Burgess (1968-1975)
Rev. Landon L. Williams (1976-Present)
Dr. Williams was called to pastor Greater Macedonia Baptist Church at 3333 Franklin Street, Jacksonville, Florida in January 1976. Dr. Williams accepted the call and became Macedonia’s seventh Pastor, February 1, 1976 to present.
Upon Dr. Williams’ arrival, Macedonia had no parking lot. Property was acquired on all corners of Twenty-Fourth and Franklin and adjacent property was secured off of Twenty-fifth and Franklin. There was no transportation. Dr. Williams Secured a 60-passenger-seat bus and a 15-passenger-seat van. For the first time in the history of Greater Macedonia, a bus ministry was implemented to serve as a tool to increase church attendance.
Upon Dr. Williams’ arrival, the church was not air conditioned, nor the fellowship hall, and there was a $7,000 outstanding debt on the fellowship hall. Through Dr. Williams’ leadership, the properties, bus, van, and air conditioning were acquired, and debt was eliminated. Under Dr. Williams’ guidance, the church membership increased four-fold, and the congregation outgrew the Franklin Street location, and relocated to the present site, 1880 West Edgewood Avenue.
A new church and sanctuary were erected and dedicated to the ministry of the Word of God on Sunday, November 25, 1990. There have been over 1,000 commitments to Christ. Dr. Landon Williams, in a joint venture with Macedonia Agape Development Corporation and Picerne Development Corporation, constructed a 120-unit apartment complex (completed January 2003) for senior citizens 55 years old and above. The cost of this project is thirteen million dollars, and it is state-of-the-art housing for seniors. To God be the glory!